Sunday, July 25, 2010

This morning I was miserable once I got on the scale. It wasn't pretty and I think it was higher than yesterday! So after a bit of reading I decided to try a fast today.

Some research suggested that going all out on a water fast for the first fast was a little hard core, and to try something like a juice fast for 24 hours first and step it up from there. Considering I'd already had 2 cups of tea, I figured a liquid fast should be ok.

So, by the time I met up with Dad for the airshow I'd managed 2 cups of tea and a big glass of cold water. Downed almost all of my 1L water bottle at the airshow, plus an ice cream, then water and tea now. I've had 2 slices of cucumber (coz it looked so yummy) and a strawberry. That can't be too bad right? The cucumber is mostly water and maybe 10 calories, and the lone strawberry maybe tops in at 8 calories? The ice cream is pissing me off. I checked Breyers site and they don't have the cone I had listed on there, so after looking around, I'm guessing it's about 300 cals.

For the most part today was great!!!!

No ride as I felt super tired, then decided to do the fast, and it was already quite warm at 10am!!! By the time we hit the airshow it was 28C and very hot and sticky. We wandered around, got a look inside an F-18 and found a spot close to the tape on the runway. It was fucked up seeing the charred tail section of the CF-18 sticking up from the ground, in the midst of the blackened grass. You hear about plane accidents, and airshow crashes but this felt a little too fucked, to real. Not just something you see on YouTube or CNN.

We left early coz it was really too hot and getting a bit boring. Crashed on the couch for a while before heading to 'S's house. First time I've had to lie to get out of a meal. Told them that between the excessive heat and cramps I wasn't interested in putting food into my stomach, and proceeded to down water while they ate and watch Simpsons. Her hubby also told me about this website that will accept American shipping orders, then I just take a quick drive down over the Coutts boarder crossing to pick it up!!! Maybe I can get that hoodie!!! (and I'm really excited about the shoes!!!!)

Set up the iPod for tomorrow, watching TV now. I need to go run tomorrow, and maybe have some yoghurt before. I think this will make it a 36hr fast?

Hopefully it works. When I jumped on the scale earlier it said 171.1lbs which would be a new low, but just now I clocked in at 171.4 (.1 higher than my official last LW)

We'll see tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment