Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's glorious outside!!!! There's a light breeze, stars are visible to the East, there's cloud obstructing the moon to the west, and you can smell the rain. About mid day today you could see the dark blue/grey clouds beginning to form over the mountains and getting larger and closer every hour. The 28C weather certainly helped that along!!! The storm unfortunatly skipped us barely but it's hard to believe that 3 weeks ago there was snow!

Today I had to go to court to tesitfy against a man who stole from my work a year and a half ago. That was interesting... and very wierd.

Work was ok. The systems were down for a good chunk of the day so I didn't get a lot done. About 1pm I was going to allow myself to eat lunch (the oatmeal this morning was disgusting, but did the trick) then 'E' and 'G' decided to order lunch in and did I want anything. I tried to weasel out by stating I'd brought a lunch but they would hear none of it. I instead chose a tossed salad with Raspberry dressing on the side figuring at least I could choose how much dressing was on the salad, and salad in itself isn't too bad for calories.

It was HUGE!!!! I managed to pick over the first bit, trying to eat all the tomatoes first but ended up eating much quicker when a few comments were made about how little I was eating (which is ridiculous as I normally don't eat in the lunch room any ways... I use the extra office to work and eat...) Still managed to only eat about half before feeling full, and a tiny bit of the diet pop that was bought for me.

Once home I dashed out for a run before the storm hit (which it never did but we got the downdrafts as it was passing) and then back for some weights and a shower. Fell asleep on the couch until it was time for wings with the boys.

I thought about not going. Wings aren't exactly good or low in calories, but decided that I could go, only eat 5 or 6 of the wings, have a water and leave. Except tonight it wasn't the usual crowd, missing a few faces. I managed to pause at the 6th wing, then decided irrationally that seeing as the girl had brought me a coke, and I was probably already over my limit with that, I may as well finish the rest.

Ugh, I feel sick. I wish I could purge but the one time I tried that I just managed to make myself gag a lot and then had a sore throat for the next 3 days. I have a headache, and feel like there is a big rock in my stomach. I was happier being empty. If I hadn't gone I would have been so far under my limit it would have been awesome! Instead I'm stuck way over.

So now what do I do? Do I make up the lost calories tomorrow or just walk away from this one and promise not to go over again. I mean, Thursday is going to be tough as it is... I'll probably be over that day and I can't see a way around it. Every time this one district manager comes down we go for breakfast, and it's generally the eggs and bacon type of breakfast, so lets assume that's at LEAST half of my daily amount. Then in the evening my friend and I are going to see a band that hails from her hometown. Her brother is travelling with the band so we'll be hanging with him and I'm going to assume there'll be lots of drinking, plus typical bar food to help keep it in my stomach. (Ok, maybe not assume. I want to have a few drinks and get a bit tipsy and at the way things are going it may only take 2 drinks!!!)

I think it will all come down to what the scales say in the morning. I was a pound lighter this afternoon after my run than I was this morning so we'll see if that sticks.

Weight: 185.4lbs this morning
Exercise: 25min run, plus normal weights and 60 crunches.
Cals: 608 before I went out..... Add the wings (I'm guessing here... 120/wing including sauce = 1440!) and the pop (which came in a jug. I didn't drink it all but have no idea how much it was.... say 300 cals?) so that pulls in at 2378 with my night time tea.... SHIT!!!
Using my BMR from the other day and assuming that I've burned 300 from run, and 50 from the weights, then I should be at -234 for the day.... That's a far cry from the 1000 yesterday. I overate by 1100 cals. If I'd stuck to the water and 6 wings plan I'd be at -1250 or so.

Wow, I really messed up today.

No comments:

Post a Comment