Sunday, February 20, 2011

5 Minutes Of Hell

Well, not so much... That's the training program my trainer is using on himself and at least one other client that he's spoken of... and today I tried it. We only did 3 exercises which he says is normal. The idea is that it's not weight and reps but time under stress that helps the muscle. It's not better or worse than doing reps, just different. Lower weight but longer time therefore way more reps. For example, if I normally do 3 sets of 18 reps for the tricep rope pulls, and my arms are burning, say I'm at 70lbs. Instead I go down to 50lbs and do as many as I can in 5 min. It's not a continuous 5 minutes. I can stop. The timer stops too and then once my muscle is rested a bit, start back up again.

It was hard for the pull ups from lying as my forearms started locking up, the triceps burned but they were fine after. Abs were hard!!! However, I don't hurt now. We're doing legs on Monday so we'll see how that goes.

Foodwise, today was fine to start. I stuck to the plan completely, right up until about 9pm when I had to get salad mix. I ended up leaving with 2 chocolate bars, lindt truffles, licorice, and nuts. I managed to stop myself halfway into the chocolate and tossed what I didn't eat. I ate the licorice and nuts and then ate an entire frozen pizza.

Yeah, I feel gross. I'm despseratly hoping I don't put on MORE weight.

Tomorrow it's up early, cook, clean, get hair cut, make pita bread and cookies, more cleaning then watch the Heritage Classic with Shaun.

I really should go to bed... photoshop and facebook are EVIL.....

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good workout! It's always good to switch things up a bit :)

    Ugh... I ate an entire pizza last night, I feel your pain. Minus two small pieces my 111 pound sister decided to eat. Don't stress too much about the binge, everything is fixable. Maybe you should add in a small piece of chocolate if you're craving it or more protein/fiber into your diet to stop another binge? I know it's easier said than done.. Just trying to throw out ideas lol

    Facebook always keeps me up at night, even when there is nothing remotely interesting on there. I don't know why I feel the need to get on there daily and read through my news feed to find out what is going on in everyone's life, people I hardly talk to. I think I'm just lonely, pathetic eh?

    ReplyDelete