Monday, August 2, 2010

First day at the gym and I burned exactly 0 calories... Yup, that's a huge number!!!!

It wasn't so bad. I met the guy I'm paying to train me for 12 1hr sessions. He seems really cool. We talked about where I used to be (back when I was 16 and able to cycle my way up anything) and where I want to be. I had to jump on the scales (!!!!!) and while I was 165.2 this morning (fuck ya!!!) their scale clocked me in at 169 minus runners. He then had me hold the fat calculator thing and figured out my 'lean mass'. I'm 31% fat, making it about 50lbs of fat I'm carrying with me. He figures that I should get down to 145-140lbs and anything lower wouldn't be very healthy. We then went over what I eat in a day. I told him I ate between 1500 and 2000 calories and have oatmeal, fruit, salads, salmon or chicken, veggies etc for my meals. I even threw in a nutrigrain to pad the numbers a bit more. Well, he said I'm doing ok, but to lose the fruit. It's sugar and needs to be cut back. Unfortunate as it's low in calories :( However he said to add more veggies. I can probably do that by substituting a fruit for some carrots. Saves me having to buy strawberries this week.

I asked about the weighing and measuring and he said not to do it more than once a month, and to do it the same time every month (especially as I'm a woman....). That kinda freaked me out more than the questions about food.

My first real gym hour will be on Weds and apparently we're only going twice a week for 2 weeks as I'll be too tired to go for more. Sounds good!!! Means I'll be burning lots!!!! Then we go to 3 times a week, and stay there until my body gets used to it. Hopefully I'll get to the 3 times a week, end the personal training, and then come by more frequently to just do some cardio the other 2 or 3 times a week.

This morning I was number crunching. If I want to be 150 by the time I go to San Francisco, thats 15.2lbs to lose in right on a month, and works out to 3.8lbs/week. That's do-able right? This I calculate it on Monday mornings, and for August 9th I would need to be 161.4lbs. With the restriciting and the one gym day I will have (except I will be heading to the city for the weekend so that better not let me go over!!!) I should be able to hit that number.

Well, this is an early post so I've got to get ready for work.....

No comments:

Post a Comment