Monday, August 30, 2010

Wow.... what a day!!!!! Best Monday in a long time!!!!

I got up and did about 30 min of yoga. I jumped on the scale but I don't remember that number. Only remember 155.7lbs taken shortly after the yoga and being absolutly thrilled with it. I think I may have actually jumped for joy!!!

Hit the gym with only 10 minutes for the elliptical but joined 'S' right on time. I talked to him about how it burns while I'm actively using the muscle, or my arms go all wobbly, but I'm fine after. He said we'd change the routines up a bit so I feel more after as well as in my mind it's almost like I'm not doing anything. So we made it through the whole hour and I had a few of the wobbles. The hamstring curls were challenging as we changed it up but I'm still using my calves too much except he showed me a few exercises that will help. Shoulder bugging me, the right one, feels like it's the bone right in the joint so I'm not sure whats up with that.

At the end I reminded him about the measurements so we went to do that. I jumped on the damn scale and watched as he kept flipping the weights further and further down, saying 'oh, you've lost some weight. You've lost a lot of weight!!' I had to restrain from doing a jump of joy on the scale. He confirmed it. 10lbs since we started which isn't what I wanted, but it's still a decent number. (average of 2.5lbs/week) Now came the part that had me concerned, the body fat test. I held the damn things but I don't remember the numbers. One had a 26.something. He calculated it out and turned around saying that it was 10lbs of fat. Not 9lbs of fat 1lb of muscle. He then calculated it another way and got the same result. He said whatever I'm doing is working and it's working great so keep it up. He sounded very surprised and so was I. I was totally expecting to hear that he knew why I wasn't progressing as fast as I should be and needed to fix it. Nope, instead I've got the perfect result and the perfect reason to keep going. We took measurements, and there was no change in my thigh, neck or waist, but I lost I think 2" from my hips, 1/2" from my biceps, 1.5" from my chest (which he encouraged me not to be too upset about as he said too many women invest their self esteem in their boobs. Not me for sure!!! I hate them bouncing around! IT'S ALL FAT!!!!!) and gained a 1/2" on my calf.

Fuck ya!!!!

So here's the plan for Sept. I tried and failed to lose 3.8lbs/week in Aug, but if I want to drop 12lbs in the next 4 weeks until my next weigh in, that's 3lbs/week. I managed 2.5lbs/week in August, and if I control my binges better, go to the gym religiously, go out on the bike, go for runs, do yoga and the core training, I should have no problem dropping the fat. It just felt SSOOOOO good to see his expression as he cruched those numbers. Dropping these 12 will put me at 143, smack in the middle of his goal for 140 to 145 and close to my goal of 130 (for now...) and will land me in the 'healthy' BMI range.

So by Monday Sept 6th I need to be 152.7lbs. I will be in San Francisco so I'll have to use Sept 7ths number and be very very careful what I eat while I'm there.

Damn, this is awesome!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment