Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!

Had to have a laugh as while I was typing that for my entry title, Strombo was singing it! He was talking about the stores having the Christmas music and decorations up. I'm talking about SNOW!!!

The winter storm blew in last night and howled, then dumped snow on us. When I got up this morning we had snow blowing sideways and drifts. Didn't quite realise how icy it was until I had to stop, but I didn't hit anything and didn't go too far into the intersection. For most of the day when we looked outside it was pure white out. Don't think I saw a plough or a sander out all day but considering the time I was finished with all the office stuff it was dark outside, I kinda missed the entire daylight part of the day. There's just something that is magical about seeing the snow resting on the branches of the pine trees (once the wind quit of course) and the snowflakes gently falling from the sky. By the time Christmas hits it won't be quite so magical though...

Snow did something else also. Reminded me of Scott. I remember years and years ago hanging out in front of his friends place while he stepped on my shoe laces and tried to push me over. I just remember that it was snowing then and that memory stuck in my mind.... so I sent a few messages to Tom and he was teasing me about heading out there to shovel his parking lot.

Didn't get much done today as I ended up in meetings all day. I have to add all the crap I didn't do today to tomorrows schedule, as well as get ready for the visit on Thursday. I've got to go in early and I work a late mid. I'm thinking that if I hit a good number tomorrow then I won't go to the gym after work (or before!!) Again, see what the scales say in the morning.

Speaking of which, 141.9lbs. I wasn't happy to go up, even 0.3lbs, but I'm thrilled to be below 142.0 still. Pre hot chocolate I was 142.0 so I'm hoping for 141.0 or less by morning. If I can do that I'll be back on the 7lbs loss plan, and 5lbs plan. The 10lb plan is gone I think.... I have to be 138 tomorrow to hit that.

Ate more than I wanted to today. Matt brought Turkish delight and some other candy so I ate a ton, at least 600 cals, probably more. Tomorrow, oatmeal or wheatabix for breakfast with tea, then off to work (with either another tea or not... depends on how late I wake up and what the scales say!) Take salad for lunch which I probably won't eat till much later, try for 3pm. Yogurt for a snack with a rice cake, cantelopue and maybe one of those 10 cal soups. For dinner, leftover soup, some of that raviolli and maybe some steamed veggies. I want to try to stay under 500 cals though.... again, see what the scales say.

Workout today was long. I got there late and only ran for 15 minutes. I saw Shawn as I was running and he made gestures about how early I was. I couldn't really say anything but I think he remembered I had yoga. Smaller class today but I felt good for most of it. After I jumped on the bike for 20 min and sweated it out. Then on to training where Shawn started by saying that I've spent waaaaay too much time at the gym today. I reminded him it was yoga so not exactly high calorie burning, and he said ok, as long as I wasn't killing myself. Started off by telling him about the wierd pain in my very lower back and I wasn't sure if it was a bone that I'd bruised during the new squat exercise, or a muscle. He guessed at one too high, so I showed him where it was and he had a poke. It's really quite low, as in almost my ass low. He showed me where it was and cracked about that I was now too boney and needed some more fat on me. (!) Arms day and we spent a ton of time talking as per usual. His back is still bugging him and I told him about my sleeping issues. He figures it might be the vitamins, I checked they don't have Ginseng in them... I'm not sure what it is, but I'm not having tea tonight, maybe that will help?

It's barely midnight and I'm exhausted. See if I can keep my eyes open long enough to read ( I really need to finish those library books soon!). Tomorrow will largely depend on what the scales say in the morning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment