Thursday, November 18, 2010

Oh, the weather outside is frightful,

And the fire is so delightful.....

It's perfect today. It's fucking cold, but there was a very light breeze (even the tiniest air flow makes you colder so wind is really something to be dreaded) and it stopped snowing for most of the day. We even got a peek of blue sky!!!! I almost heard my first Christmas Carol at work, one by Bruce Springstein and wasn't too happy about it, until I remembered that Billie Joe sang 'Santa Clause is Coming To Town' at the concert in September. Then I heard Christmas Day by Dido and I LOVE that song!

That was about all that was perfect...

The visit started ok. They were going to do some of the sales stuff, so off I went to do my own thing for a bit, only to find out later they decided to cover some of my stuff without me. Then to make things even better, they decided to go for lunch without me. My boss finally sent me a text once they were gone and seated at the restaurant which made me feel oh, so much better. I sent him a message back saying I was busy, and after a few comments from people I work with about being 'left behind again' I sent him another message saying that I wasn't an afterthought. If they wanted me there, they should have invited me BEFORE they left. Worst part is they DID THIS LAST TIME and I was annoyed then. I was upset this time. Then my boss came back and confronted me saying they hadn't been gone long, what was my problem. That they'd tried to find me (I'll call bullshit on that!) and that I preceived it as 'being left out' was my own fault. I told him that them all leaving as a group without calling the manager phone which they knew I had, and not getting hold of me before going, to me meant I was an afterthought. When they all sat down and ordered drinks they went, hey, where did she go? Fine, it was my own fault for preceiving this, but I told him that this is how they make me feel, and this is not the first time it's happened. He basically walked away. The big boss talked to me and apologized, saying next time they'd try to find me.

A bunch of bullshit about a lunch I was happy to get out of, but need to be there for. I'm still slightly pissed, but also happy I didn't have to go and eat more food. Instead I almost skipped lunch but forced myself to eat it around 4pm as I was heading to the gym.

Got home and felt exhausted. Turned on the fire, one of the lights in the other room, set the iPhone alarm for 15 mins and curled up. I've been so fucking cold all day and it was so nice. I don't think I actually dozed off but I felt a little more rested. It was so calm. Just the flames licking the artificial logs and the almost dark outside with the streetlights illuminating the snow.

However, that ended too soon and I grabbed my skinny new sweat pants, and had to put my original old pants over top for warmth, with coat, scarf and took a hat so as not to flatten the hair (good hair day today!! Kyle is still bugging me to grow my hair long, but I like it short. Besides, he's just a co-worker, not in any position to really have an opinion about my hair that will count). Got there late, as is becomming usual, and only ran for 20 min. Core for an hour and it was only the 3 of us. We had fun, I goofed off a bit more than usual... I'll see how much I feel it tomorrow! Did some hamstrings and quads before jumping on the elliptical. 25 min there and I tried a chin up (yeah, not so much... wanted to at least try and this was in the womens section and no one else was there.... ) and left. Hit safeway with all those air miles coupons before heading home.

This morning I was 140.7lbs this morning. I can deal with that... it's not over 141.0 but it's not 139.9 or less. I'm not sure I can do it tomorrow as I've eaten quite a bit this evening. I had broccoli as I haven't had any veggies in a while, followed by Italian Wedding Soup, which by itself probably wouldn't be bad but I've had some salsa and chips too, a rice cake and now I'm onto my tea. Scale says 142.5, which the past few nights I've been 142.2 before bed. I can hopefully stay below 141.0.

Long day tomorrow, both jobs. Going to take food and clothes for both as I just don't think I'll have time to go home and back with the roads being so miserable. I swear the one main road I take is sheer ice at every intersection. Maybe I'll take the camera and get some shots?

I'm gonna freeze tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment