Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Love Affair With George Clooney

That's a much better blog title than 'post weigh in binge' or 'fucking freezing!!!' I'll get to it, but first we'll get into the 'post weigh in binge' part.

I was good all day. I ate my half an oatmeal with tea, had my yogurt at noon, salad around 3pm, rice cake right after, and banana at 4:45pm ( I had to set my alarm. I needed the energy for the gym so I needed to eat it as late as possible without risking throwing it up while on the treadmill). Got to the gym a little later than planned, but only by about 10 min, not bad given the shit roads. Jumped on the treadmill and managed 25 min on 5mph before jumping off to yoga. Those push ups are getting easier but the damn lunges are miserable. Hopped on a spin bike for 15 min and didn't go to the bathroom before reminding Shaun it was time for my measurements.

Loss of 3.5lbs, all fat. He said he was happy as it wasn't lean body mass I'd lost. He said that as I'd lost lean body mass the last few times he had been getting a bit concerned but now it had stabalized. He basically said that this is my lowest natural weight and from now on it's a case of losing the fat and building the lean body mass. He made some comment about 'unless you're starving yourself' and I brushed that off pretty quickly. Another comment was about I had to be happy with the number on the scale.

Back in May when I started this blog, I made 2 goals. One was serious, the other was a number tossed out. I wanted to be 145. This past month I've proven that I can maintain this weight and I've done it before new year. I've hit that goal and can easily pass it. The other goal was 125 and was just tossed out as a number. That puts me at a BMI of 20. I'd like to hit 115 but that's a ways away.

So where does this leave me, besides thinking as always. I want to hit 135, I really do, and I'd like to do it by the next weigh in on either Dec 21st or 22nd (depending on how that week goes!!!). If I use this mornings weight, that's a total loss of 9lbs, but I can probably drop back to 141 by the weekend leaving only 6lbs to go. I desperatly want to hit 139. I've stalled at 140-145 for this entire month and I need to get lower so when Christmas hits, I have some leeway.

Imagine hitting the new year at 130-135......

Goal day should be tomorrow, but it kinda came out here... oops. I'll fill out the charts tomorrow once I see what my morning weight will be. Considering my binge tonight, I'm hoping for 144-145...

I just had a friend over to cut and dye my hair. We were talking about pasta and before we knew it, ordering pasta online from Dominos. I ate it, half the breadbowl and some chicken kickers. I'm very full and bloated but I'm not too stressed about it. I usually allow myself to eat something after the weigh in. Last time it turned into 2 days of binging, this time it will only be tonight. Damn it tasted good and I'm so happy I don't feel so incredibly guilty or panicked like usual. It will be a new day tomorrow, a new training month starts. I have an entire 28 days to get over this. I feel refreshed, calm and content (and very very full which is grossing me out a bit....)

The 'fucking freezing' bit is coz it's fucking freezing. It's -27C outside right now, and has actually warmed up a few degrees since 9pm when it was -28,-29C. The wind chill is fierce, and there's no wind. It's just the movement of the air that you create when you walk that gets into every nook and cranny, through all the fibers in your pants, shirt, coat, scarf, toque, and mitts. I spent the entire day freezing at work, only warming up after 10 min on the treadmill (and my fingers swelled up to let me know they were warm...) It's snowed today, meaning we've had snow every day for a week now. It's really pretty outside, and I'm content with it right now. We can get used to living in bitterly cold temperatures, but it will warm up on Thursday which can only mean one thing.... it will be fucking howling windy. The roads will turn to brown slush, everyone will forget how to drive again, it will freeze overnight and we'll have a new layer of ice to deal with. At least it's only supposed to hit 1C for one day so it shouldn't be too bad.

Now onto the title.... George Clooney... While my friend and I were gorging on pasta and me waiting for my hair dye to work, I tossed in a movie. One Fine Day is a movie I had on VHS and loved it but always got annoyed having to hook up the VHS and of all things, rewinding the damn tape. So I pretty much quit watching it (plus after the clarity of blu ray, VHS just looks terrible). They were selling the Clooney pack at work (3 movies, the other two kinda lame) so I bought it for this movie. I can't believe how young he is!!! It was released in 1996, while he was still doing ER. I loved ER, and mostly because of Dr. Ross. My first real Canadian friend asked me over to her house every thursday for ages and I finally went where I watched her favourite show and got hooked. It was in the second season and I watched ER every thursday I could until Carter left the show ( I loved his character too..... I'm still mad about the Carter/Abby issues...) It was my first TV show that I loved, and my first crush. There's something sweet about George during those years where he played the romatic opposite with that bashful grin and cheeky smile, those eyes that sparkled and the low sexy voice. Just watching that movie made my very full stomach do flip flops, especially at the end.

I don't know what it is about One Fine Day that I love so much. It's a very simple plot. Michelle Phiffer's character has a kid and so does George's character. They screw up and miss the class field trip and agree to help each other out for the day by taking turns watching each others kids while they tried to do their jobs. They yell at each other, they tease each other, there's some flirting happening, and at the end, a kiss. Maybe that's just it. Simple and sweet.

Now George really has aged well, just like an exceptional vintage. While there's something sweet and endearing about One Fine Day and the other one he did with a very young Jennifer Lopez, as he's gotten older he's proved he can do comedy, and drama. I very much enjoy his humerous side. Men Who Stare At Goats was amazing (doesn't hurt that Ewan McGreggor was in it!!!) and I LOVED the Oceans series. One of my favourites is Up In The Air as it's sweet, funny and has that suprise ending that you really don't expect.

My love affair, lasted 15 years and counting. Mr George Clooney, no matter what age, will always be up at the top of my list...

And with that.... Sweet dreams ;)

1 comment:

  1. I have pretty much the same goals as you! I have been stuck at like 142-146 this whole month, it's so frustrating. I really wanna be 135 by December 12th (I know it's soon) but it's my birthday so gotta look a little skinnier!

    If you're working out as much as it sounds like you are you should get down to 130-135 pretty quickly :) Good luck<3

    And George Clooney is so hot, I don't care how old he gets he will still be sexy.

    ReplyDelete