Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tre

Viggo Mortensen



Probably most famous for his role as Aragorn in the LOTR trillogy, and where I fell in love with this man coming in at my number 3.

My Dad bought my the LOTR books the summer before the first movie came out, for my flight to England. I got a chunk of the way through the first one and hated it. Determined to try again (and probably bored out of my mind) I picked it up and got right into it. While I liked the characters of Frodo and Bilbo, I thought Sam was a bit weird, and Merry and Pippin where very childlike and annoying to a point. When I got to Strider sitting in the Prancing Pony, a formidable image burned into my mind from Tolkiens words, and I was hooked. I loved this character and still love this character more than any other that I have ever read. His story has so much background, pain, sorrow, love, heartbreak, challenge, strength and courage. I loved the story of him and Arwen, reading into the appendices to find out what happened to them (and yes, shedding a tear or two at the end.). I finished all of the books by the time I was back home and was shocked when a friend said they would be doing the movies. I was very skeptical as I hate my favourite books being destroyed in the theaters, but this suprised me. They did an amazing job, and the actors were perfect.


I fell for Viggo thanks to his portrayal of Aragorn, and then realised how much he'd acted in and how much I'd seen before. Think of the asshole drill sergent in G. I. Jane, or the recovering alcoholic in 28 Days with Sandra Bullock. I love A Walk On The Moon, as wierd as that movie is it's a very nostalgic sweet movie with Diane Lane. He's done a ton of movies over his career and lately some have been very popular with critics; History of Violence, Eastern Promises (there is a naked fight scene in a Russain bathouse that will make every guy cringe and ever girl wonder about looking away but never quite getting there), Hidalgo, and The Road.

He's very creative having many books of poetry (in English and Danish) published, many art works and has had several exhibits around the world, and sings also. All the artwork in 'A Perfect Murder' is his, and the song he sings in Return Of The King is Tokeins words, but his song.

I love his voice. It's deep and soothing, almost nasaly but not whiny. I could happily listen to him reading just about anything.


Good to look at, good to listen to, and some good movies to watch. Not bad for number 3!!!

Oh, the title of this is tre, meaning 3 in Danish, yesterdays was 'arba'ah, four in arabic.

Today's been a great day, despite crawling my ass out of bed a bit late. Got to work a few minutes late but wasn't really noticed. Got what was planned to be completed, completed. I just have to keep this momentum going!!!! I had my half an oatmeal (peaches and creme which tastes like cardboard) and tea for breakfast, yogurt around noon or so, salad at 3pm and the rice cake around 6pm. I did have a piece of candy Matt offered me at work, but it was only one piece. At home I had a few of the liccorice pieces, and a few of the crushed up multigrain flakes.

Hit the gym after figuring out the sewing machine issue (wasn't threaded right... I can't believe I missed that. I'm such a moron some times) and ran for 30 min. Arm/chest day and starting with the push ups. Next time we're down to the next notch :( My lower back is still really bugging me and doing the one pec one really bugged it. Shaun tried to figure out what I'd done, but it was some knots and he things I may have strained something. Suggested a massage but I'm not sure when I can squeeze one in. Doing one of the other exercises and felt that sharp stabbing pain down the front of my right shoulder. I seem to do this one on occasion but we went up in weights today so maybe that irritated it? By the time we were done I could feel it stiffening up and throbbing a bit.

I'm just a walking owie...

However, I'm really optimistic about tomorrow and my daily encounter with the scale. I gained but really not much today and I was 142.6 post gym. I've only had soup (broth chicken noodle) and tea since ( I may have a low cal hot chocolate as I've left the tea too long and it went cold ). My stomach has been doing some minor growling and it feels so good. I feel like I'm on the right path, that I will get under 140 this time. I'm hoping by the weekend.

Later shift tomorrow so no gym time. Gotta do some stuff before work, grab some Christmas presents so I'm ready for the weekend... Try and do it before so I have time to do more mittens in the evening.

Food plan.... half an oatmeal again with tea for a late breakfast. salad and yogurt for lunch, taking a rice cake for later. I may take an extra yogurt in case of munchies later on. For dinner, have the rest of the soup and tea again. That should take care of the fact that I'm not hitting the gym.

Mitten count: 1 complete pair!!! I am so far behind!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I never got into LOTR books or movies. I watched one movie... like the last one I think? At a friends house once and thought it was really cool, but don't have time to read the books before watching the movies lol

    Growling stomach is the best:) It's like "yes I'm doing something right"
    Keep up the good work girl, you'll be below 140 in no time!!

    ReplyDelete