Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ah, Tuesdays

I've decided today that I like Tuesdays. I used to as it was the weekly race night when I was cycling all those years ago, and then I just stopped caring. Despite the fact that I work, it's usually the 8am shift, I go home, chill for a half hour, then off to the gym. I get to do my yoga, run, more cardio then my hour training session. Coz I'm the last one of the night we piss around more and have a good laugh. It's also usually the day I drop weight after the weekend where I usually gain....

Not so much today as I'm a 'day behind' thanks to my pigging out yesterday. I was 146.6 this morning, which is horrific, but as I keep reminding myself, 2 weeks ago I was 147.8. I just noticed on my damn chart that I was 139.9 last week :( Right now I'm 145 so I'm hoping for 144 by morning, giving me 3 days to drop 5lbs.

I've eaten around 550 cals today, with most of it being after the gym. I've burned at least 600 (not including the training session) and have definatly stuck within my own guidelines for the day!

Tomorrow is the stupid mid shift at work so no gym time. Just a very light calorie day. Start up with half an oatmeal and tea, then salad, yogurt and maybe some fruit. I may take a bag of cheerios to munch on if I need it later. Those stupid late mids I find I get hungry around 5pm and then I'm useless for the rest of the shift coz I can't get that thought out of my head. Come home and have soup for dinner. Aiming for sub 500, 400 if I can.

Gym was awesome. Got there in time to do just shy of 30 min on the treadmill, yoga was great, and then 25 min on the eliptical. Shawn and I got going on time and it was arms/back day. He was telling me about the fiasco of their Christmas party and how he wasn't going, instead just going to lock up the gym and those that he knew wanted to come, allow in. I'm totally bailing on work for that! It's job number two so who cares, but I'll love the chance to work out on a Friday night when there's only going to be a handful of people there, one of them my trainer. I'll be able to get at least 2 hours in that I don't normally manage. I just forgot to get his number so I can text him to get in so I'll have to corner him on Thursday.

I've got this stupid idea in my head to do a whole shit load of baking for Christmas. I bought this powder so I can make mouse and put it in pastry tarts, gonna make oatmeal cookies and a whole bunch of stuff. I'm going to take it to work, the gym, friends and family. I just want to bake and make stuff. I have no intention of eating it myself, I just want to create!!! I feel terrified like I'm just asking to set myself up. I keep thinking that on the 21st I'll have the day off with my weigh in that night. Perfect day to bake for work and take the treats to the gym. Am I insane? Am I just setting myself up for failure on the one weigh in I so desperatly want to get below that line?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

However, I feel strong now. I'm really excited to see the numbers in the morning and have another fantastic day!

2 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up about the weight gain! I applaud you for still going to the gym & working out so much! You will get back down in the 130's soon dear. (I managed to gain weight this weekend too, back in the 140's myself, so I feel your frustration)

    Also, it's very common for people with an eating disorder, or disordered eating...whatever, to want to bake. We're obsessed with food, even if we don't want it we still love & obsess over it. I always want to bake :) just gotta make sure you can have enough self control once the food is done & in front of your face. I'm a sucker for sweets so I have given up on baking them now:(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am guessing, since you mention baking and LOTS of excercise, you are the same Toomi I know ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete