Wednesday, December 15, 2010

iPhones and Harry Potter (no spoilers!!!)

My phone is pissing me off.... It kinda sorta half assed connected this morning and that was it. I can get phone calls and texts but the internet doesn't work so half the apps won't work. It's very touchy and would update the facebook but not the twitter, I could get onto PT but not my blog.... I left it for most of the day (stupidly not closing all the apps so all it did was try to connect all day) thinking that when I got home I'd check iTunes for an update as that fixed the problem last time.

There's no update.

Instead I turned the damn thing off, then on, and lo and behold it works.

Why the fuck didn't I think of that earlier.

Work was work. It sucked and it didn't. I hate Tuesdays as it's meetings all day and today it was even earlier at 9am going from one meeting to another until 5 when I left. However, we've got a lot of the planning done, now it's just executing those plans. Christmas is coming very very quickly and there's 11 days left until Boxing Day...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hit the gym after and once I got on a treadmill (it was BUSY!!!!) ran for 25 min before hitting yoga. Today I had no balance and really didn't push myself. I was just so damn tired. I couldn't focus, go right to that place my mind needs to be. Instead it was focusing on the right ribcage where it hurts. I don't know if it's the rib or a tendon but I've done something and I can feel it when I breathe deeply or stretch tall. Eliptical afterwards for min then training with Shaun who was late.

Arms and chest today and we started with the pushups. I could feel it badly in my back for the first two sets and after stretching that went away. Doing the chest ones he figured out that once again I'm using my back and abs to compensate and make things easier for myself so we're going to have to change how I'm doing the exercises to avoid that. By the time we hit the one whereI use what I think he called the Olympic bar and do the shrugs I think he figured out something was wrong. I was just so tired, my head hurt (still does) I couldn't focus and all I was thinking about was what my weight could be. I lied, he joked and asked if I was lying, I told him no. Gave him the ginger cookies before heading home.

Up to that point I'd been really good. I'd had the usual half oatmeal and tea for breaky, salad, 2 yogurts and a banana for lunch (plus 3 m&m peanuts and 1 gummy worm) with plenty of water. Got home, showered, and headed to the theater where I planned on eating and drinking nothing but the water I brought with me.

1 Large diet Coke and half a popcorn later....

I was 139.8lbs on the scale when I got back, not bad considering it could have been much worse. I'm curious to know what it will be in the morning. 139.2 or lower would be preferable, 138.5 or lower would be fantastic and right back on track!!! I should be able to hit 135 by Sunday morning as long as I don't do anything stupid. I would prefer to be 133 so as to give myself that buffer for Sunday night.

Harry Potter.... well, I remember when the first movie came out and I told my friend I had no interest. I didn't see the movie and that Christmas my step-mom bought me the first 3 books. I started the first one a bit skeptical that I was reading a childs book. Within a few pages I was right in Harry's world. I loved every bit of it. I read all 3 books in record time and when the second movie came out I went to see it (after seeing the first one finally). For once I was happy that the movie was fairly close to the book, but that changed by book 3. The book itself was more detailed and had more action in it, but more backstory than the previous ones. The movie for me was a real let down as I thought they could have done a lot more with it.

I continued to devour the books, but became more frustrated with the next movie as it left out so much of the book. The last 2 I didn't even bother seeing in theaters as I figured they would be just as bad, and they were. I was very nervous about seeing this movie.

They did a really good job. So far they've stayed very close to the books and ended part 1 in an appropriate spot. I'm now eagerly awaiting the next and final installment, and I will not give into the urge to go read all the books again as I have so many others that require my attention first.

Started Lying In Weight and so far its interesting but I'm still in the introduction. Heading to bed and will try to read a few pages first.

No comments:

Post a Comment