Saturday, December 4, 2010

All I want For Christmas.... is McDonalds?

No, I'm not craving McDonalds. I was just horrified to see a particular sign while I was driving tonight and ended up driving by it several times so I know I saw it right. The McDicks in town are opening Christmas day.

I just find that really really horrible. I get that hospitals and other emergency services work. I get that some gas stations choose to open, but 99% of retaliers are closed. Need milk? Not at the local Safeway. However, gas and milk are much more of a necessity than a bloody Big Mac.

Christmas to me is a time to get together with family. When I was younger we went to church, but since we've moved here, we don't. We have our routine and now that I'm in retail, it's my one precious day off during a mad time of year. My dad cooks breakfast and then we open gifts. We spend the day hanging around, playing games, reading, chilling out, helping with dinner, before going nuts and eating dinner. We part ways after a respectable amount of time.

I have friends who can't get home for Christmas and they go to other friends houses, the houses of significant others, or just chill at home. If they're chilling at home they'll make their favourite meal, either from scratch or heat it up, and enjoy a day off.

Even if you were spending the day alone, why o' why would you want to go to McDicks? We've survived for how long now without a double cheeseburger at Christmas? This is the first year they're opening here and I hope it's such an epic fail that they don't do it again. The last thing I want to see while I'm working is all stores opening on Christmas day.

Bah, sorry... rant over.

139.2lbs this morning. I was seriously excited. The visit went ok I think coz I really didn't spend much time with them. We went for lunch and i ate all my salad first, before having all the broth of the soup and a tiny amount of pasta, chicken and veggies. I swear the gal who helped bring our tables order to us was my trainers wife. She looked just like her but I could have been mistaken. Don't think she recognized me though.

Driving was busy and only one screw up. I did have a small piece of pizza, but much better than my usual friday night binge. Got home to bake and didn't finish until midnight. I did eat 3 partial tarts and some of the peppermints. I ate more than I wanted to but I'm hoping I kept it under 1000 cals. I just jumped on the scale and I was 141.9... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Sad.... 5 or 6 days ago I would have been delighted with 142.0, now it's too high. Regardless, I have to maintain at 140.0 over the weekend. The big assed goal that I never thought I would be able to do (and am ahead of now!!! ) is to be 139.2 by sunday morning. Not sure I'll be able to maintain, but I'll sure as hell try!

Tea and half an oatmeal for breaky tomorrow. Planning on leaving here around 8am (in 6 hrs!!! I need to go to sleep!!!) and get there around 1030am. Highways are decent and it's not supposed to snow. Water on the road and take a crystal light for the Tea. For the bake sale I'm going to get a bunch of stuff for gifts and have a treat or two for myself. I don't know what the plan is for the evening, but I hope it's not a dinner out (if so, salmon and veggies or salad and soup). Sunday, skip breakfast, and try to skip lunch. Head back early to meet Shannon for her work shindig and avoid food there too. Monday, hit the gym before work and I should be golden.

Just gotta stick to it!!!


1 comment:

  1. Omg...I hate Mcdonalds.
    America has lost all respect for Holidays honestly. No one has the 'time' to celebrate them anymore, not in the way they should be anyways. No one should ever have to work on Christmas. I mean people KNOW christmas is coming..why do they need grocery stores or fast food places opened? Get everything the day before. (pilot/gas station jobs are a bit different, but wont go there lol)

    Congrats on hitting 139.2!!! I got down to 139 on one of my scales the day before yesterday and I was surprised and happy, but like you said...I wasn't as excited as I though I would be :/ even though I've been waiting for this for like ever...so weird.

    ReplyDelete