Thursday, December 16, 2010

Tofu, poetry and suspense....

I swear my alarm clock has stopped going off.... I have the phone set with the sleep app, and an alarm but I don't remember the alarm going off... it's my backup so I only got up 10 min late and still had plenty of time. Just annoying.

Got to work on time, worked, got a ton of stuff dealt with, but not very much all in one go. I ended up leaving for 2 hours to plan and order all the Boxing Day stuff and I'm happy that that is done now. During the morning meeting we were joking around with the Twelve Days of Christmas song so I decided to write one for work. Took me only a few minutes but I had fun, and emailed it off to my boss for a laugh. Yeah, he sent it out to EVERYONE but didn't tell me. I'm quite nicely embarrassed now...

There was lots happening in emails today!!! I've decided to go ahead and plan for New York and fired off an email to my boss and the district boss to find out if I should book off the 3rd or 4th week in February as year end is at the end and I don't want to interfere with anything. He emailed back with a comment that we'll discuss tomorrow... Now I'm killing myself in anticipation. Does this mean they want me to move by then? If so I'm all there, but damn thats sad at the same time. I was hoping to at least make it through March, get past my birthday. Also, that gives me 3 more months with Shaun. If I leave mid Feb then I only need to buy 24 sessions and only have 2 more months with him. I knew it would happen, but I'm kinda used to him now.
No use wondering, just wait till tomorrow.
Hit the gym and ran for 45min. About 30min in and I touched the heart rate hand holds and got a static shock that turned off the treadmill. It's happened once before and it's a pain. Shaun decided to stick his head in front of me to say hi, and a thanks for the cookies. I gasped some reply. Hit core after and it was just me, the instructor and the one other gal (Brenda?) Good class, worked hard, felt those abs burn. Went straight home after.
Started baking right after I downed some steamed veggies. Made the tofu chocolate cake but made it in muffins instead. Should have reduced the cooking time but OMG they are AMAZING!!! I had to have one to try (and the small ones have burned bottoms) then I had to eat one of the larger ones to test as I'm giving those to the visiting boss, and Shaun. They were fine (and delicious!) Then I made ginger cookies and had to sample one from each batch....
Blech, I ate too much!!!
I was 138.2 this morning, and I'm hoping for under 139 tomorrow. Chiro in the morning with the update/checkup then work, followed by work #2. Stick to the plan from yesterday. Eat during work and mostly salad or soup if we get dragged out. Have tea, vitamin water for driving along with some cheerios if needed and the apple sliced up. Hopefully it's busy. It'll be bloody cold though. -15C I think tomorrow.
Today has been pretty damn good. I've stayed upbeat and despite the stupid munching on licorice, chocolate and goodies at home, I feel ok. The instructor for core asked me if I'd lost a lot of weight and said she could tell. I'm curious as to why there's all this attention now...
Wander, you are so right. It is totally an obsession with a number. I think I'll look better at 140, but I didn't. So it's 135 that'll be the perfect number.... and so on. I've started eating around people. I mean, not much, but I had some licorice in the lunch room, and ate my salad while chatting with my boss. This way they can say they see me eat. Thank you for the encouragement. My focus on the 135 magic number has diminished somewhat and I now want to focus on just losing, and hitting that magic number by the end of December.

1 comment:

  1. Gasp! You're moving to New York?!? If so I am beyond jealous, I'm absolutely in love with NY.

    You should post your 12 days of christmas jingle :), also you should post the recipe for the tofu chocolate cake! I'm curious, especially now that you say they're so yummy!

    But yeah it definitely is a numbers game, I'm obsessed with being in the 120's.. I feel like most of the beautiful/skinny people around me are in their 120's, I feel like I'd feel accomplished by saying I was 120 something:) but of course, when I got there it'd be in the 110's, its a lose/lose situation!

    ReplyDelete