Sunday, December 12, 2010

Almost sucessful

This weekend that is. I was 137.2 this morning, an amazing number that I'm shocked to have hit. I'm 140.3 right now.

I woke up early after a few hours of sleep, feeling groggy but awake. Downed a tea as I drove to my friends house to check on her cats and didn't set off the alarm this time! Once home, showered and left for shopping. I bought the candy moulds, a pipette kit at the mall before hitting Walmart and Safeway for various food items and other things. I think I'm pretty much done Christmas shopping though. Just the two diabetics to buy for but I'm not exactly sure what they can and can not have.

I had Wheatabix and half a yogurt, before having a bunch of the chocolate wafers that I bought but still, I figured it was all ok in the long run. Once home I did some laundry, cleaned the kitchen and made ginger cookies.

OMG they're amazing!!! I made them with splenda and according to the website they're supposed to be 60 cals each but mine are pretty tiny so I'm guessing 50 cals MAX. I got the receipe of a site for diabetic treats but am confused. I thought diabetics couldn't have sugar, hence the splenda (that looks like insulation flakes in a big giant bag!!!) but I had to put a ton of molasses in... isn't that pure liquid sugar? Anyways, I was also surprised to find out that there was ground cloves in ginger cookies, and I LOVE the smell of cloves. mmmmmm..... Super easy to make, and so delicious right out of the oven. I ate 3 of the smallest I could find, mostly because they don't turn brown as they're already brown and I didn't believe they were done. Well that was the excuse for the first batch. I have a plate for Shaun, one for Yvette and hubby, and one for the guys at work. I didn't make the chocolates, just not enough time or I think my willpower would have been pushed beyond it's limit.

Grabbed the recycling and headed out. Met Sheri and we went price hunting for the 26th for work but couldn't get much done. We've pretty much got it figured out, just got to go ahead and do it. Headed to the diner for the meeting and I figured I'd start off by ordering a salad so at least I had something in my stomach, and it was vegies. Just a side garden salad, and then we ordered a bunch of things for the group. I pigged out. I ate at least 3 mozza sitcks, a bunch of onion rings and a ton of nachos covered in cheese. I was at around 300 cals before that, and I definatly ate at least 1000. Not quite the worst binge ever, or even a bad one, but I didn't want to do it. Got home and 140.3 on the scale. Hope I'm lower than that in the morning!!!

I have 8 days left until the weigh in. 8 days to get to the ellusive 135. In that time I have a movie with a friend (finally going to see Harry Potter....) and my Dad's birthday dinner. I should, with any luck, be able to hit 135 by Friday. I was supposed to be 136.9 tomorrow but I think I should hope to be in the 139's. I should be back on track by Tuesday or Wednesday and if anything this little overeating should help the metabolism again. *knock on wood*

I was going to get up at 8am tomorrow but I just remembered I have to check on the cats. Spin starts at 9:30am so I'd like to be there by 9:15 at the latest. Not sure getting up at 8am gives me enough time to have tea, eat something (only small, maybe a yogurt), check on the cats and then get to the gym. Maybe I'll try for 7:30... yuck, and I have to work till 11pm. Gonna be a long one!!!

Tonight, finish my tea and watch the new updated Behind The Music on Green Day :)

Wander- I will let you know about the tofu chocolate cake. My Dad made it a few years ago and didn't tell us until we finished raving about how good it was. I've always loved tofu so I thought this was amazing. I may make it next week/weekend so I'll definatly let you know. Also, the energy thing. All natural. I barely drink coffee and don't have pop. I get my caffeine from tea but that's my before bed drink. 50lbs heavier I remember being exhausted all the time so I think that's got a lot to do with it. I used to get home from work and nap, then go out and buy fast food for dinner so that also wouldn't have helped. I eat fresh food where possible, and lots of water. I'm used to being always on the go now, I barely watch TV anymore, I'm constantly doing something. It's as though I'm scared that if I stop I'll start gaining again.

No comments:

Post a Comment