Friday, December 17, 2010

Awesome As Fuck

What a brilliant title. I really hope they don't **** out the Fuck. That's if it stays the title and isn't just a working title.

Yup, that's the new name of the Green Day CD due out on March 15th. It's the live DVD/CD from the tour this past year. I'm sure they will definatly have at least one song from the Oakland show, but will they have one from Manchester? That would be truly fucking cool. The rumour is that the DVD is from a concert in Tokyo which sucks. Was hoping they'd take shots from the entire tour, or at least the North American bit... Guess I have to wait 3 months to find out!!!

That was of course a hightlight of the day.

The alarm clock worked this morning... mostly because I turned it off RADIO and on BUZZ!!!! Yeah, doesn't work too well when the radio signal is set to static noise. Got up and went to the chiro appointment, then off to work.

Had a visit today from the district manager and it was bizzare being the only one in during the morning. By the time he got here at 9am it was just me. The usual two weren't there so I was left to do the best I could, which of course I did. I chased him around to get an explaination about the email I got yesterday and we finally sat down.

I wanted to move. I wanted to relocate to the city 2hrs north of me, the city that I lived in for 3 years then had to move home. I am as far as I can get in this town of mine, I need to go to a city with multiple locations, run a big store, in order to get into head office and out of stores. I figured that with the new store opening in summer I'd move in March/April and have at least 3 more months here.

How things change.

Looks like one of the other managers of my level is sick and instead of taking care of himself, is just doing far too much whining and moaning. They've offered him help which he has refused, and now he's saying that the job is too much for him. They expect him to quit with no notice any day and they need a replacement for him.

Me.

It's flattering but that's a little crazy. I could be up there as soon as Dec 28th, or it could be into February. I've got it figured though. I'll stay with a friend, keep my place in town until I have a place secured with the cats up there. Come down on weekends (or whenever I get my 2 days off) and go to the gym on one of those days. I'll just make the appointments in advance and do 2-4 a month.

My head is still spinning. It's what I wand but at the same time I'm sad to be leaving. I also hate the not knowing.

The district manager did ask how I was doing, again asking about my weight and how much I've lost. I think this was a more 'you're looking great' than a 'I'm concerned'' inquiry though. At least that's the way it felt.

After he left I kinda relocated to the lunch room and proceeded to eat way too many Reese peanut butter balls, poppycock, and cookies (considering I HATE peanut butter!!!!) I was a bit distracted for the rest of the day and bailed to get to driving.

Driving was awesome. It was super busy and I got amazing tips. I did however eat too much. I enjoyed 2 pieces of small pizza, a bunch of mac and cheese, and some of the cinnamon buns Steve made. Came home and ate a bunch of chocolate... my lovely 138.1 is now a 140.0 (pre-tea). Not as bad as I thought, but still I want lower than 139 by morning.

If I can just get by with tea and have some kind of cereal around 10am or so (maybe later?) then something small post gym and NO Pizza tomorrow, I should be awesome. Eat on Sunday night and then go super light Monday and Tuesday. I won't hit 135, but I should be able to do 137. I really really want the damn gym scale to show 139 or less, so I need to be at least 2lbs lighter at home.

Enough of that...

Wander- I'm not moving to New York. Don't think I could handle it. I'd move to California in a heart beat though... I'm just hoping to visit but with todays news not sure I can.

Here's the receipe for the Tofu Chocolate Cakes/muffins.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour (I used whole wheat flour)
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1Tbs baking powder
1tsp baking soda
2Tbs flaxseeds
1/2cup pitted dates, coaked in 1 cup hot water for 30 minutes.
6oz extra-firm Silken tofu (Silken is a brand. I used firm as I couldn't find extra firm)
1cup pure maple syrup or other natural liquid sweetener (honey or regular syrup etc)
1Tbs corn oil (canola oil)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Frosting (optional)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup raw cashews
6oz extra firm Silken tofu
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1tsp vanilla extract.

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350C. If using a muffin tray, grease then sprinkle flour on shaking out excess flour.
2. In large bowl, mix flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda.
3. In a food processer (blender works too) grind flaxseeds to fine powder. Add 1/2cup water and process/blend until thick and frothy (about 30 or so seconds). Add dates and their soaking liquid, tofu, syrup, oil and vanilla, process until smooth. Transfer to large bowl.
4. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients, blending until smooth (whole wheat flour won't be completely smooth). Either spoon into muffin pan, muffin papers or into cake tins.
5. Bake until cakes spring back when lightly pressed. 20-25 minutes for cakes. I cooked small muffins for 20 minutes and it burned the bottoms. Regular muffins were fine at 20 minutes. Cool cakes in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes when done cooking. If making as a cake, remove cake tin after 10 mintes and allow to cool completely.
6. Make frosting. In top of a double boiler (or saucepan with boiling water and a glass bowl on top) melt chocolate, stirring until smooth. Set aside.
7. In a food processer/blender, finely grind cashews. Add 1/3 cup of water and blend until smooth. Add tofu, maple syrup and vanilla, process until smooth. Add melted chocolate and process. Transfer to medium bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
8. Frost cake/muffins as you chose.

ENTIRE MIXTURE AND FROSTING:
3828 cals (if you make 36 muffins, it's 100 cals/muffin, with frosting).
84g protein (36 muffins, 2.33geach)
120g fat (3.33g/muffin)
660g carbs (18.33g/muffin)

I made mine with no frosting (due to nut allergies at work, and they tasted just fine) and with whole wheat flour. I fed them to the guys at work and they had no idea it was made from Tofu. Lose the frosting and it's lower cals, but probalby only 20-30cals/muffin?

No comments:

Post a Comment