Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Officially Winter

So we gonna get cold again?

Winters are seriously screwed up here. 10 years ago we would get a massive dump of snow in September which would kick start Autumn (which took a week to get through) hover in the low teens (celcius) for the rest of September, then by Halloween we would have already dropped below -10C several times. November, we'd get a chilly snap down to -20 or so with plenty of snow, a few chinooks in there to keep things warm and slushy, then plummet for the solstice and Christmas. January, February would be brutally cold. I remember having my alarm clock wake me up with the weather report on and the gal cheerily announcing that it would be a high of -27C for the day, and only -35 right then. My sister and I would then trudge through the snow to get to the bus stop.

We've got snow on the ground, but it's mostly brown thanks to milder temperatures and the sanders. There's a ton of ice, you can see the roads glimmer, and the moment the sun drops the damp roads get gnarly. I'm hoping we get one more good dumping of snow for Christmas, then I can deal with January and February as it comes. Besides, if I move I can hit the ski hill up there if there's snow!!!

Today is the winter solstice, shortest day in the year. The eclipse last night was cool, but I didn't watch it all as I went to bed instead.

Today was also my 5 month weigh in.

I woke up at 140.2, did a ton of baking, running around etc, and before I hit the gym I was 139.7lbs. Ran for 28 minutes on 5.2mph and 1.5 avg incline. I'm getting there!!! Did the hour yoga (and she brought soap as Christmas gifts. I got vanilla, my fave :)) then onto the elliptical for 18 min before we started.

Shaun mentionned he'd seen a piece of paper saying I'd bought more hours so we booked me in for Thursday, and then I've got two next week booked. Jumped on the scale to and it said 142.5lbs. He's recorded it as a 2.5lbs loss from last time and calculated it out to 1.25lbs fat 1.25lbs muscle. I really got him when he measured my waist though as it came in as a 1.5" loss so he was poking fun at me for 'not eating' today. I of course denied it, and I had eaten. I'd had a salad, some of my baking, and a few dry cheerios. I lost nothing on my hips (fuck.... that's where all the fat is now) almost nothing every where else except my calf (which is good coz they're fucking huge still).

When he wrote down my current weight he sounded suprised that I'd lost again and was joking around about 'do we have a problem'. I laughed, but I was too pissed off at the 2.5 loss to really put much heart into it. Don't think he thought anything more about it though. He said that over the holidays he'd expect me to gain that back, and if I could get back to what I am today by the end of January I'd be doing great.

I plan on being lower.

So it's chart and goal time again. I always do the 5 goals, and obviously my stupid 15lb loss is a bit too stupid to repeat. I'm also debating on doing a 5 week instead of 4 week this time, just as things are getting earlier and earlier and these weigh ins are feeling very constant. I know I said no more yesterday, but I'm thinking about the next one, just to get below 140 on his scale, see how he reacts.

Which means my minimum has to be 137 by either Jan 18th or 25th (thinking the 25th at this point). 130 may be too much of a goal as there is the issue of Christmas in there also, plus the unknown date of a potential move and suddenly my control over what I eat will go right out of the window.

I have to see what I am in the morning after my craziness tonight ( I ate a half a popcorn, half a bag of smarties, and almsot all of my friends chips and salsa tray at the movie tonight. Saw Voyage of the Dawn Treader and it was really good!!!!) and I may try to maintain that over Christmas, dropping for the next 3 days to cancel out the gain of the following 2. After that I will be so busy I should be able to skip meals at work altogether so I"m sure that will help!!!! Dinner at my friends on Jan 1st, and brunch with my sis at some point also.

Tomorrow I'm going to hook the bike up to the windtrainer and have a little work out at home before going to work. I work till 9pm so take salad and yogurt as usual, and maybe skip dinner or have some veggies when I get back.

Yuck, it's 1:30am already. I have to get to bed....

Wander, thanks :) Some days I just get so focused on a number and when I don't hit that number I just panic. Basically what my last few days have been..... I need to have it put in perspective every once in a while. Wasn't that long ago I was freaking out as I couldn't get below 146....

No comments:

Post a Comment