Thursday, December 9, 2010

Frank, Bertha or anything but Sue?

MY BASS CAME IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered this back in early October and it finally arrived today! I was so excited and tore down to the store and picked it up. Once back at work I played it's first tune (a half assed attempt at Longview) then tried something a little easier (Seven Nation Army). I'm digging the bass. Didn't think I would coz the frets are further apart, and it's not a regular guitar but its cool so far. Plus one of the new gals we hired is apparently a drummer so we're making arrangements to go 'jam' sometime.

So now comes the big decision. What do I name my new purchase? I wanted to name it Frank, but I'm not sure it is a Frank. I contemplated Sue ( taken from Johnny Cash's 'Boy Named Sue') and then wondered about Big Bessie or Big Bertha.

I'll think on it, and I'll post pictures soon.

The day was kinda good and bad. I brought those treats and someone else brought donuts. I ate just over a quarter of a glazed sour creme one and then caved and had a tart. I managed to not eat the entire pastry so it wasn't a complete shit show. Made it till 2pm without food and then the guys went to 5 Guys, Burgers and Fries that just opened. They came back with an extra burger and a half a bag of cajun fries..... I ended up eating the burger once I peeled off the mushrooms and onions. I ate just over half of it but total it has 750 cals... ugh, I felt so sick. I just couldn't stop eating it. Once I finally stopped I panicked and headed to the bathroom where I tried to purge but as usual nothing happened. I did eat one of the yogurts later on (I had my salad before diving into the burger) so I had something in me before hitting the gym. Once I had the guitar and feeling terrible about the food, there wasn't much work being done. I basically pissed around with the bass for a while then wandered around taking care of some stuff that had come up.

Went straight to the gym and ended up having to leave a note for Shaun for tomorrow coz he wasn't there. Hit the treadmill but thanks to the damn note taking so long I only got 19min but I went at 5.2mph instead of 5.0. Yoga was a relaxation class and it was damn cold in there! It was me, the instructor and this old lady that had joined the gym that day so we took it easy (and she really struggled). I don't mind relaxation, but it was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too cold in there for it! After went straight into core which had quite a few people. One girl was super skinny and looked amazing. I have to look like that!!! But it felt damn good to be still holding a plank after she'd dropped (and yes I had to push myself to get to that point!) Elipticals were busy after so I jumped on a bike instead for 25 min. Not quite as productive as I had anticipated, but it was something. Oddly enough I'm really sore right now! My legs are really tired and my shoulders also.

I got home and ate the leftover soup, and a few pieces of chocolate from last night that I forgot to take to work today. I managed to avoid binging by having a pot of tea and just pure willpower. Even now I'm desperatly thinking about the things I have in the cupboard that I could eat. They're my 'approved' treats. Cheerios, rice cakes, etc but I need to eat nothing.

I was 141.7lbs this morning. A drop, more than I had hoped for but I'm not sure it's going to be enough for the morning! I have to drop 1.8lbs to be below 140 and where I was last week. I just need to stay focused. 135 is very do-able at this point.

A shout out to Coronation Street! 50 years on the air tonight! That's a pretty impressive record. I remember watching it with my grandparents and my mothers side of the family. I remember being taken to the set with a school group and going in the Rovers Return. Then years later my Grandmother dragged us back for another tour. I haven't watched in years but I recognize some of the characters still, and can whistle that opening tune any time.

Wanabe - I'm glad you think I'm interesting lol! I've only recently embraced my 'punk' side but I've been that way most of my life. I have had long hair in the past, even this time last year. For right now, the fauxhawk is comfortable. I will definatly post pics of the ink at some point :)

My stomach is growling and the tea is not helping... and it feels FANTASTIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment