Saturday, December 18, 2010

Creepy Old Men

There was one definatly at the gym, and the other I know so it wasn't too bad.... The gym has merged with an only female gym that went under this weekend. I hate change (now, stop snorting all that coffee, it's not good for you. I know I posted yesterday about accepting a job and moving to another city, but I knew that was coming.... this one is a complete surprise) and resist it changing my life or routine. With this other gym closing they will be changing all the classes at my gym, and incorporating all these new members/trainers/teachers etc.
I like my gym the way it is. I like seeing the regulars, the same old staff that say hello to me, the same wierd chick that walks around with her belly sticking out (she's got a 6pack but don't think she trains properly.... it makes her walk wierd). Today there was more people and a bunch of chicks I didn't know. Anyways, I jump on a treadmill and the old guy next to me starts cracking about how my hair looks like I stuck my finger in an electrical socket... it does, that's the point. It wasn't styled in a fauxhawk this morning, wasn't much point. I just got out of bed to fall asleep on the couch for 2 hours, then to go run my ass of at the gym. Not gonna waste my time redoing my hair. Anyways, he starts asking me if I'm one of these 'new' women from the 'other' gym. I tell him know, and he's all super friendly. I turn up the pace on the treadmill after a few pleasantries, then get to the business of running (and I managed to shock the treadmill into resetting itself again. Fucker...)
I ran a bit longer, and Shaun was waiting. We ended up talking about this new merge, him being politically correct... good thing for the gym etc blah blah blah. He's not happy. I'm not happy. I don't tell him about what the wierd guys attitude was like, only that he was cracking about my hair. I end up telling Shaun about the move, but not the entire thing. I think I've got something all figured out for that anyways.
We go on our way, doing arms, chatting about baking, aprons and socks, and music. Creepy old guy goes to leave and approaches, pointing at my hair and laughing. Shaun gives me a funny look and then waves at the guy. This guy has barely left my line of sight before Mike comes up to say hi.
I've known Mike since I was about 16 and me and his youngest son rode mountain bikes with the local club. He's said hi a few times, we've chatted a few times, but I haven't seen him in about a month or so. He walks up to say hi again (I waved at him earlier) and starts going on about how slim I've gotten, how much weight I"ve lost. I try to make light of it but I babble a bit and eventually Mike goes away. Shaun looks at me kinda wierd then goes on to joke that I'm getting compliments from creepy old men today.
Soon as the day was done I gave him some of the tofu muffins and headed home. I really should have done some more cardio but I really didn't feel like it.
I was 139.3lbs this morning, and considering what I've eaten today, I'm suprised I'm 139.9 when I got home from job dos. I've probalby eaten around 1800 calories, at least 1000 of that from cheesy breadsticks and a piece of pepperoni pizza. There may have been a good helping of chocolate in there also.
Crazy night at work. Super busy but somewhere along the line I got screwed by about $40, maybe more. I'm not sure what happened, I may have dropped some cash (that would be the first time in 3 years if that was the case....) but I'm hoping they find it in the till tonight. I doubt it though.
It's 12:45am and I have to be at job numero uno by 8am... Plan for the day? Well, hope and pray I'm lower than 139.5 by morning (I'm sure I will be... I'm hoping for 138.9 or less). Eat my standard half an oatmeal and tea for breaky, with a salad and yogurt for work. Bail at some point to get a card for my Dad, then home to change and race to meet them all for dinner. For dinner, salmon and steamed veggies, rice if I must or salad. Share an appy if it's insisted upon, and skip desert. I may enjoy a glass of wine though.... I should be able to stick below 140 on that, and then go nuts on Monday at the gym, followed by as little food as possible, same on Tuesday (which is gonna suck as I plan on doing a SHIT ton of baking on Tuesday!)
Bed.... Now.....

1 comment:

  1. I hate change too!
    Sounds like your gym is going to get a little crazy, that many newcomers would definitely suck:(. Eventually you will all get used to them too I'm sure!

    I hope the $40 dollars shows up! losing money is the worst.

    ReplyDelete