Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ink

I said I would a while ago, and here we go... me and my ink:




My first tattoo I got when I was 17, a month away from 18. I was 'rebelling' or whatever that was, and went to a place where my friends had gone. I signed something saying I was 18 and off we went. I hated it, I felt sick, it hurt, I got dizzy, it took forever. Didn't take long for me to hate it as the colour faded and it looked like a stick on. Finally, a friend of mine convinced me to have it redone:
This is on my left upper arm. Kinda crooked looking coz I sat leaning forward (trying not to pass out) when they did it the first time so when it was redone/covered, they had to stick with the original black lines. This one represents me. Even though I was born and raised English, I identified with my Canadian side more. I 'burried' my English side, and while I acknowledged it, I wanted nothing to do with it. As time has gone by, my feelings have changed, but every day I'm grateful that I am Canadian, that I have the opportunity to live in this great country as it has definatly changed my life to be here.

Next up is my ink from Feb. I wanted stars, I've wanted them for a while. I didn't want black outlines, or just the standard. I wanted colours, but not red (too close to pink for my comfort!). So I wandered into a shop in town, asked if they could do it, and 30min later I had them finished. They are on my right wrist and there are a lot of meanings in this one. My favourite colour as a kid was blue, then green for many years. Went back to blue sometime around 15 or so. Blue is at the top as it's still my favourite colour, and blue and yellow make green. The stars aren't linear as I didn't want them linear. They look like Orions belt as I used to love stargazing and wanted to be an astronaut as a kid. Last and biggest meaning, they're my 'lucky stars' out of a song. The line is 'better thank your lucky stars.'


The last ink for this year I got in Oakland so that in itself has a ton of meaning. This is one I've wanted to do for years and years, ever since I got the other one. It's on my upper right arm and is potentially part of a sleeve somewhere in the future.... I know it's lame, everyone has Japanese symbols, but I didn't like the Chinese ones as much. The top one means blue (again, my favourite colour) and the bottom one is water, my 'element'. They don't mean blue water together, but for me it's a reminder of calm blue waters.

So more in the future? You betcha!!! I really want to do a ring one, but it needs to be very basic. Just a curled black line with a few dots of colour (probably blue). Thinking my right hand, finger next to the pinky. I want to do the Kerplunk flower too. Thinking on my upper back, just basic green and black. Mayble some brown shadowing for the flowerpot.

As cheesy as this sounds, I really want to get the heart-grenade too. I'm contemplating putting that on the left ankle and maybe including the hand part too. I want to put an English Rose and a Welsh Daffodill on my leg as that's my heritage, but I'd rather do that in England or Wales. I tried when I was there in May but I couldn't get an appointment.

I really really want to do a piece of music down my left arm, starting at the elbow and going to the wrist. It needs to be a piece that means a lot to me, and there's several candidates. There's one piece of classical music that I've learned on every instrument I've ever played. It's a very slow piece so I'm not sure if it will work well on my body. I also love several sections from the Planets Suite by Holst, Jupiter being my favourite. Classical music is emotionally driven, but the rock stuff I've also thought about is lyrically driven. There's 'I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies' which is the front runner... I would like to have some hyrogliphics from the Egyptian Book Of The Dead and am hoping to do it down my right forearm, as well as a symbol of friendship that me and a friend are thinking of getting. It's not as cheesy or silly as it sounds as we've been friends for 10 years this year and it's a symbol of the friendship, whether it ends or continues I will always be reminded of the good times. I was also contemplating taking stars, just a different style, from the wrist and wrapping them around my arm, all the way around the symbols.

So many plans!!!!

Today was a bust. I woke up at 140.4, which wasn't too bad. I wasn't happy, but content with that for now. I munched at work on Turtles a friend had brought, mini eggs that someone else had brought and the damn cookies that I brought. Then at 6pm one of the gals went to 5 guys and bought me a burger. I stuffed that damn thing in my mouth so fast, then went back and ate the fries dipped in mayo.

Ugh I felt so full and bloated. I'm 145.0 right now after my tea so I'm hoping for 144 by morning.

I've done my goals for next month. There's the usual 5: 1, 138lbs, 2, 137lbs, 3, 135lbs, 4, 133lbs and 5, 130lbs. Goal 5 is the unreachable one, but I have to have something extreme to reach for. Goal 3 is where I want to land. I've arranged it so despite my overeating today, if I hit 142 by Christmas Day and maintain there, I'm on track. Even if I only hit 138, that's still a loss at the weigh in of 2lbs (obviously not good enough though, I'd rather hit 5lbs which is very reasonable!)

By morning I've planned for 144. I have core and training and planning on a 6k run. By Friday morning I should be 143 no problem, maybe even lower. Tomorrow is planning on a back to basics diet. For breakfast a tea, take a yogurt. No oatmeal. For lunch, salad and yogurt. Once home, maybe a bit of cottage cheese (or take to work). Post workout veggies or salad. I'll have a cup a soup at work in case and I got rid of the turtles out of my locker so no snacking. Water the drink of the day, maybe a tea in the afternoon if I need a pickme up.

Tomorrow will be a good day :)

1 comment:

  1. Ah I absolutely love tattoos! I have three myself. I like the fact all of your tattoos have some kind of meaning. Some people literally just get a tattoo because it's pretty or something. To each his own though. I love wrist tattoos, so your stars are my favorite :) I have a rainbow star tattoo on my right wrist & under it I have the greek word for "love" underneath it. Represents my love for women I guess you could say :).

    I have 3 chinese symbols on my neck too which represents "peace, love, & happiness" -I do feel kind of cliche for having them because I feel like everyone gets chinese symbols. I was a major hippie when I got that tattoo, dreads & all haha...I kind of regret it, but not really. It's on my neck so actually forget about it sometime! I want another tattoo but having trouble picking between a few! All of yours are awesome though!

    5 guys is so scary!!! when I lived in florida there was one right down the road from me. I still ate meat then & o.m.g their burgers & fries were amazing..so fattening though:( ... Don't worry about the gain though, with the way you work out & normally eat it will come off so fast.

    Good luck!<3

    ReplyDelete