Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hello 2011!

Now lets see how long it will take for me to remember to write 2011 on the rent cheques!!!

Last night I reflected, today I will plan to achieve. I do not make resolutions. I hate that people take one day a year to make a plan to change their lives, to better themselves, but only 12% ever achieve those goals. Once they fail, the others drop the idea of improving their lifes, striving towards change and decide that 'maybe next year it will be easier.' Why only have one day a year for that? There's 365 (or 366...) days in a year, each day ready to achieve something, learn, grow, change, improve.

What will 2011 bring to me?

There's the massive change that I agreed to yesterday. I will be moving temporarily tomorrow, leaving in 11hrs. I will be living at a friends house with her hubby, and two boys, my 'nephews'. I will not be in complete control and will not have my privacy. It will be the first challenge. The other of course will be the new location for work, working with a new team and the various challenges they and the business present. I am looking forward to it but scared also.

New York? It's still up in the air. I'm not entirely sure yet if I can go. Once I'm up north I will be able to ask about vacation time as it could fall right when I'm supposed to move.

I'm doing a 6K run in the middle of March!!! It's the same fun run that I first volunteered at when I moved here when I was 12. It's nice that I get to actually do it for the first time ever. I want to be able to run the whole thing. Not too fussy about where I place as I'm not going to be top, I just want to finish ahead of the walkers.

I want to go do an overnight hike in the mountains. Take my pack and go with a group (bears scare me!!!!) for a 2 or 3 day hike. There'll be camping with Shannon of course, this year we're thinking of going east to Manitoba instead of into the mountains.

More ink.... I still want the ring tattoo, whatever Shannon and I decide to do for a friendship tattoo, something musical either behind my ear or the piece of music down my arm. I want one in New York if I make it there.... I'm also contemplating a new piercing... eyebrow? Upper ear? Maybe....

Money... I want to save. I want to stop the silly spending and pay off the cards, then focus on saving for trips, toys etc.

The big one... the weight. I want to hit 120 at least. I'd like to get down to 112-115lbs. I was 138 this morning, hoping for lower than 140 by morning. That's 26lbs to come off. It's slow going right now, I'm fighting every pound as I keep bouncing up as soon as I get a good loss on the roll. I'm hoping this move will help in the lack of intake as the new folk won't know what to watch for, but my friend will. There will be less availability of food and less opportunity to binge, but there will be more opportunity to eat 'normally' so I will have to resist that...

That's some of my 2011. I wonder what this year will bring......

Today was busy!!! I did a ton of running around and planned a lunch. I bought a greek salad for 180cals total, and a pack of sushi, 420cals but was only going to eat half. I was so busy I couldn't eat it before heading to Shannons for dinner. Dinner was good! Much better than I thought. We had the salmon with corn and cheese toast. I was served one piece of cheese toast, and one piece of fish. I ate the fish and a few pieces of stuffing but all the bread and corn. I had 2 cans of diet caffeine free Coke and a piece of rhubarb strawberry pie with real creme for desert. I was craving chocolate but as it's New Years Day the stores closed early so that stopped a potential binge.

I thought tomorrow would be a perfect day to do a liquid fast but then had this salad and sushi. I chose to 'snack' on that so I ate just shy of half the salad and 4 pieces of sushi, probably 300 calories. I did have a few more things (a can of diet pepsi, rice cake, licorice......)

It's 2am and I wanted to get up at 6am. I have to do some laundry, pack, hit the gym, go buy that MacBook (not for me, for a friend but I got a deal so he's paying me back), hit Safeway for the berry juice, go to the gym for 2hrs, clean out the car, make sure the house is good before heading off. I'm paranoid I'm going to forget something important.

Plan is to have a liquid only day again as I really do enjoy them. A cup of tea when I get up, and water at the gym. I'll have some of the mocha drink before and after for the protein (it expires on Monday as I got it super cheap). Water until I hit the road, then tea and vitamin water for the drive. For 'dinner' the berry smoothie and then more water and tea. I'm hoping I can skip dinner and make some lame assed excuse. I may hit the mall which wont' be too much fun as I'll have spent all my money that morning. I do have to find the gym closest to me, and I do have to figure out a good way to get to work and back. I'll tell Stef that I ate with some of the guys at work and am not hungry. Plus the early day means and early night and no food.....

My neck hurts... my right hip hurts... it's definatly time for bed.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with your first paragraph each day is just as SPECIAL as the 1st of the year, month or week!! Make the most of each and every day as it maybe your last =)

    Good luck with all your goals =)

    There are no limits to what YOU can achieve in YOUR life.

    Bree =)

    ReplyDelete